How to Prepare for Your Visit
Whether this is your first appointment or you are a returning patient, the best way to get the most out your visit is to come prepared and ask questions.
Here’s a checklist to help you prepare for every visit:
- Bring two forms of photo ID along with your insurance card
- Write down all of your healthcare concerns and questions you’d like to address during your visit
- Bring all of your medications in their original containers to your appointment, or bring a list of medications including the names, dosages and how they are taken
- Be prepared to provide your medical history including dates of any prior hospitalizations or surgeries
- If you’re a new patient and need to transfer medical records from another provider, you’ll need to complete a download and complete this form
- Sign up for our patient portal myACPNY
- Consult your doctor before making your own appointment with a specialist. Sometimes, your Primary Care Physician can treat the same condition as the specialist.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 646-680-4227
Do you need health insurance? Please contact the New York State Official Health Care Marketplace. Call 1-855-355-5777 or Visit: nystateofhealth.ny.gov/individual.com
Preparing For Your Appointment
Our Care Team
Our relationship with you begins by assigning you to a Care Team that includes your primary care physician, a nurse, medical assistant and a patient service representative.
What preventative care and health screenings does your doctor recommend for you and your family? Find out in seconds with ACPNY's My Preventive Care Plan tool.