Your Medical Home For Better Health
What is a Medical Home?
A Medical Home is not a place. Put simply, patient centered medical home (PCMH) is a team approach to providing you with personalized, comprehensive and coordinated care. And the most important person on your team is … you.
At ACPNY, your Care Team focuses on the whole you—your medical history, your family, your life situation and cultural values—to provide care the way you want it to be. You and your Care Team work together to create a personalized health care plan that focuses preventing illness and treating acute and chronic conditions in a manner that respects your wants, needs and preferences.
Here are the top 8 things your Care Team will do for you:
- Help you understand your condition(s) and makes decisions about your care
- Review your medications at every visit
- Coordinate care with specialists and make sure your specialist has the information they need to care for you
- Consider mental and behavioral health as well as physical health in your overall wellness
- Advise you on how to receive clinical advice after business hours and where to go for after-hours care
- Help you take control of your health by focusing on prevention, providing you educational materials, hosting group visits and linking you to other community programs and resources
- Offer you access to our myACPNY patient portal so that you can directly email your Care Team after your visit and have all of your important health information, including test results and e-prescriptions, at your fingertips
- Provide you with equal access to care regardless of your source of payment
What do we ask of you to maximize your care at ACPNY?
- Take an active role in your health and wellness
- Ask questions and tell us when there’s something you don’t understand
- Take full advantage of the latest technology, including secure messaging with the myACPNY patient portal
- Let us know if you have received care outside of ACPNY
- Take your medications as prescribed and follow the advice of your Care Team
At ACPNY we’re committed to partnering with you to live a healthy, happy life!
Our Care Team
Our relationship with you begins by assigning you to a Care Team that includes your primary care physician, a nurse, medical assistant and a patient service representative.
What preventative care and health screenings does your doctor recommend for you and your family? Find out in seconds with ACPNY's My Preventive Care Plan tool.