The specialty of rheumatology focuses on musculoskeletal and autoimmune conditions, which, if left untreated, can cause permanent damage such as chronic pain and loss of joint function. You should consult a Rheumatologist if you have persistent joint or muscle pain or are undergoing evaluation for autoimmune diseases.
Visit an ACPNY Medical Office
Rheumatologists treat many conditions that cause pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joints, muscles, bones, and other areas. At AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY), our Rheumatologists treat conditions that include:
- Arthritis, including Rheumatoid Arthritis (swelling and tenderness of one or more joints)
- Gout (sudden, severe attacks of pain in one or more joints, most often in the big toe)
- Osteoporosis (thinning and weakening of the bones)
- Tendonitis (inflammation or irritation of a tendon)
- Lupus (causes your immune system to attack your own tissues and organs)
- Scleroderma (hardening and tightening of the skin)
- Vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels)
- Myositis (inflammation of muscles)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (can cause bones in your spine to fuse together)
Our Rheumatologists work with each patient to develop personalized treatment plans, which may include:
- Local injections
- Infusion therapy
- Joint fluid removal
- Referrals to occupational and physical therapy
At ACPNY, our Rheumatologists offer comprehensive “whole you” care. We’ll consider any musculoskeletal or autoimmune issue you’re experiencing as part of your entire health picture—the physical, mental, and lifestyle factors that impact your health—and work to develop a treatment plan that meets your specific care needs. We’ll also involve you in discussions about your treatment options, including what you can do at home to help manage your condition.
ACPNY also aims to streamline communication and improve the patient experience with the myACPNY patient portal. This convenient tool allows you to instantly schedule appointments, request prescription refills, communicate with your Care Team, and much more. Plus, myACPNY includes important information about your medical and treatment history to give your provider a more accurate understanding of the whole you.
For patients who require x-rays, MRIs, CT scans, or other imaging services, some ACPNY offices are co-located with Lenox Hill Radiology facilities, which may offer same-day services for evaluation and management of many rheumatological conditions. Quest Diagnostics is also available on-site at some offices, providing easy access to laboratory testing that can diagnose and monitor rheumatological diseases.